Konsortium offers more
For an annual fee of just R6 per ewe, the Konsortium Company provides a comprehensive service and safety net for its farmers. This includes:
- top Merino genetics;
- a 10% discount on all Konsortium-Merino rams bought;
- Konsortium expertise, which should have a positive impact on finances;
- advice regarding ewe and ram selection and the management of the flock;
- monitoring progress by means of a simple computer programme, which measures the performance of the flock so that farmers can keep track of their production and improvement;
- a reputable, quality brand earning you premium prices;
- the marketing of approved ewes under the Konsortium-Merino brand;
- the marketing of wool under the brand; and
- the marketing of meat under the brand.
All wool farmers are welcome to make use of the Konsortium advisory service. The contract is completely voluntary and is renewed annually.