More about us
This team of plain-bodied Merino breeders enthusiastically pursue their policy of breeding a fertile sheep, with a large carcass and quality fine wool. Theoretically their partnership enables them to reach this goal much quicker than any individual breeder. However, there is no scope for complacency. The Konsortium-members get tremendous satisfaction in their quest for continual improvement. “Never believe that when you get to a certain point, you’re there. Don’t ever put a limit to what you want,” they echo. They are enthusiastic about life and what they are doing and along the way close friendships are cemented.
- Over the past few years the average fibre diameter of the Konsortium-flocks’ clips has ranged between 18.5 and 19.5 micron.
- Hoggets shear 16 - 17.2 micron.
- The average clean yield of their fleece lines is 70% and more - and that of rams sold at their sales, as high as 81%.
- They boast lamb percentages of more than 100% in their respective commercial flocks, and as high as 140% in their Merino studs.
- Under normal circumstances slaughter-lambs are weaned at 30kg to 40kg off the veld. In good years they can weigh up to 50kg.
These are men whose passion and love for Merino breeding has bound them into a dedicated team. Together they offer today’s Merino farmer so much more.
“The strength of diversity. The power of focus.” Anon